Our Wedding Policy
Our Pastors rely soiled on the Bible's standards for deciding whether or not to perform a wedding. We adhere to the Biblical definition of marriage as defined by what God has established in creation and revealed in the Bible as one man and one woman, joined together in a single, exclusion union. (Genesis 2:24)
We believe that gender is a fixed reality from birth. (Genesis 1:26-27) We also believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (Hebrews 13:4; Romans 1:24-27; Galatians 5:17-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7). The Bible is also very clear that Believers and Unbelievers are not to be joined together in marriage (2 Corinthians 6:14)
We recognize there are different convictions regarding divorce and remarriage. Pastor Mark's personal conviction on this matter is based on Matthew 6:32 and 1 Corinthians 7:15. It is his conviction that these passages allow remarriage only in cases of unfaithfulness and abuse/abandonment.
Therefore, couples that desire a wedding at Grace Fellowship Church must:
- Be a man and a woman
- Both be believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Not sleep int he same bed and commit to remain pure until their wedding night (regardless of previous behaviors prior to pre-marital counseling)
- Agree to meet with the Pastor for Pre-Marital counseling
- Attend Grace Fellowship Church on a regular basis (at least once service a week)
Our Planning Process
Weddings are a lot of work and require a lot of planning. Here is some information that might be helpful when considering to get married at Grace Fellowship Church.
- There is no charge to use our church building.
- Our Pastors do not charge a fee (gifts of appreciation are fine, but certainly not required)
- There is not charge to use our decorations (Couples are welcome to use our decorate provided nothings damaged and arrangements are made to clean up after the ceremony so that the facility is ready for Sunday Services)
- We have an Activity Center that may be reserved for the reception, provided it is not reserved by someone else for that day. (There is no smoking or use of alcohol permitted on church property.)
If you believe you are aligned with our Biblical values and standard and would like to schedule a "FIRST STEPS" meeting with the pastor, please fill out the FORM below and submit. Pastor Mark will follow up with you and schedule a meeting.