Things You Need to Know
What is Parent Commitment/Child Dedication?
We believe that baptism is something done only after a person makes a conscious choice to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. A baby is not able to understand sin, forgiveness, the sacrifice our Savior made for us and what it means to put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Parent Commitment/Child Dedication is a time to publicly commit to put God first in your home and trust Him as your source of direction as you lead your family. It is also a time for you to share your faith in Jesus Christ with your closest friends and family.
What do Parents Commit to?
- For a parent to stand up before the church and make a commitment to put God first in their home, they must confess their faith in Jesus Christ and be committed to surrendering to His authority in every area of life.
- Parents must accept their God-given responsibility of living out a godly example before their child, therefore unwed parents living together may not dedicate a child.
- Parents must promise to discipline their children according to the Word of God. They must be committed to both private and public worship. They must make every effort to partner with the church in helping their child come to a full understanding of the gift of salvation and one day make a decision to trust Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
How do I Participate in Parent Commitment/Child Dedication?
- Fill out the FORM below.
- Complete the Parenting Video Course. (This link will be emailed to you)
- Invite your friends and family.
What Should I do on the Day of Dedication?
Please be at church 15 minutes early and sit anywhere you like. This special event will take place during the Welcome part of our service. There is no dress code for the family or the child, but remember you will be in front of the church family and we will offer a family picture after the service.
Parent Training 101
After you submit the FORM above you will receive a link to a parenting course via email. You must have a RIGHT NOW MEDIA account to complete this short parenting training, so if you do not yet have an account, just click on the link below and instructions for your FREE account will be emailed to you. Unless you are a single parent, both parents are expected to complete this course.